I was using XULrunner 1.9.2
I tried installing conkeror using the latest version (25) and it does not work (xulrunner crashes); I
tried using version 15, and it didn't work either (it complains about not finding libmozglue.dylib).
Then, I followed the Installation based on Firefox and it's working fine. The rendering issues I had
noted are gone, and the starring works perfect.
Just found something that is does not work: when you are on github and press g to jump to another url, it
does nothing. I tried without using any config; using github mode; using key-kill; and it just doesn't
work. I can live with this, so feel free to close this issue. Or if you want, we can investigate this